311 15th Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Liquidity Services Inc., Washington, DC
2003 to Present
User Experience Manager
2013 to Present
Manage a team responsible for designing and implementing the user experience across several high-traffic ecommerce websites. Dictate standards for user interfaces and front-end development, and evangelize the use of new technologies to improve both product development and end-user satisfaction. Create wireframes and prototypes for new and revamped applications. Work with business stakeholders to implement online marketing, analytics, SEO/SEM and social media strategies.
- Spearheaded the company’s current move toward responsive design for all its websites, aligning the user interface and branding and greatly improving user experience on mobile devices.
- Introduced the use of A/B testing to optimize pages on the company’s marketplaces, leading to increased registration, engagement and revenue.
- Executed and maintained advanced analytics tracking using Google Analytics and Coremetrics, and led the technical implementation of marketing automation (Eloqua) and CRM (Salesforce) platforms.
- Supervised internal and third-party development teams on projects to add new product features and build new websites and mobile applications.
Senior Web Designer
2003 to 2013
Designed and developed user interfaces for the company's websites. Managed the development of new features and products, and served as liaison between Marketing and IT. Acted as creative lead for overall corporate branding and worked with teams to develop new brands and products from concept to launch.
- Conceived and implemented the company’s first content management system integration, allowing business users to quickly execute their strategies without relying on development and release schedules.
- Integrated APIs to pull data from third-party applications to improve user experience for both internal and external users, saving multiple departments significant time and effort.
- Collaborated with the Chief Marketing Officer to successfully create an industry-specific vertical search engine brand, leading to a new revenue stream for the company.
- Led the design and development of a new corporate website to coincide with the company's successful initial public offering on the NASDAQ exchange.
ShinyBird Creative Studios, Washington, DC
2007 to Present
Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer
Co-founded this part-time web design and development firm that provides full-service online solutions to clients as varied as medical practices, restaurants and mortgage processing companies. Work with clients to develop concepts, branding and supporting technology for both new and redesigned websites. Provide consulting on domain name strategy, user experience design, site architecture and third-party software integration. Manage a team of expert technologists across multiple disciplines.
Softmart, Downingtown, PA
1998 to 2002
Senior Web Developer
Maintained the company’s website and intranet. Acted as a liaison between Ecommerce and Marketing for all web projects. Designed online advertisements for major software and hardware vendors, including Microsoft, Adobe and Symantec.
- Designed and developed a complete top-down redesign of the company’s website, winning rave reviews from both new and old customers for both its design and ease of use.
- Developed two revenue-generating online catalogs to complement the company’s website, driving new traffic in alternative markets to buy from the company.
- Worked with Sales, Customer Service and IT departments to develop a self-service interface to connect customers directly to the company’s back-end reporting system, minimizing Customer Service calls by more than 50%.
- Designed and implemented a portal website for early adopters of portable mobile devices, featuring news and information in addition to a catalog of products, raising both traffic and sales.
The Miles/LeHane Group, Leesburg, VA
1994 to 1998
Client Services Coordinator
Conceived and built the company's first website, establishing a web presence that is now a major feature of their services, bringing the latest innovations in career management. Researched, recommended, installed and maintained all computer systems in the company’s two offices. Developed and conducted training for senior corporate executives in career transition on computer usage, including using the web for research purposes.
- jQuery UI
Elizabethtown College (Elizabethtown, PA)